The project follows these different stages:
- Summarize the most important literature on learning lines and spatial thinking – thus being the basis for the next steps.
- Scan the curricula to identify opportunities to introduce GIScience à will be used to develop all materials
- Test to analyse the impact of the learning lines on spatial thinking
- at the start of the project to establish the zero level, baseline value of their spatial thinking capability.
- At the end of each year the test will be done again, thus offering the opportunity to measure the impact of the developing learning line and to adjust if needed.
- create the first drafts of learning line, translating them into real learning objectives for selected years (K7 and K10) – taking into account the subjects of the curricual in their country
- each year a part of the total learning line will be elaborated.
- Include necessary classroom materials,
- In the first year of the project, pupils of different ages (K7 and K10) of the partner schools will test the materials and give their feedback and if appropriate their amendements.
- The teachers and researchers will rewrite the learning outcomes into a final version.
- In the second and third year of the project the same activities will be done for year groups K8-K11 and K9-K12.- same group of pupils will be testing the materials for three years in a row
- The final learning lines will be published along with the essential classroom materials, thus facilitating the introduction and implementation.
- A publication with amendments for inclusion into the national curricula will be produced and disseminated among the different national ministries of education.