On July, 7th, 2016, GI-Learner – a 3 years ERASMUS+ project dedicated to learning with geoinformation – will present first results and teaching materials in Salzburg, Austria. Two GI-Learner workshops will take place within the international GI-Forum Conference, which attracts more than 1000 attendees from all over the world. The main focus of conference and exhibition is research and application of geoinformation science.
GI-Learner is able to give a grant of 200 EUR to max. 20 persons (100 EUR for inhabitants of Austria) attending the two workshop sessions. We invite teachers of geography or related subjects, geography education researchers, teacher trainers and other multipliers to apply for this grant. There is a limited number of places, which will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
All you need to do is:
- submit your grant request via e-mail to email@example.com, indicating your name, organisation, profession & country of origin.
- Register for the GI-Forum conference at gi-forum.org
- Submit your registration confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a grant confirmation.
- Take part in two GI-Learner sessions on Thursday July 7th, 2016 in Salzburg. Bring your own device to the sessions!
- Get your grant there in cash.
We strongly recommend to visit GI-Forum from July 5th to 8th as a perfect opportunity to get in touch with GI researchers and businesses.
Take advantage from booking your accommodation very soon, as Salzburg is quite crowded at that time of the year. We can recommend the International College http://www.guesthouse.at/index.en.htm, cheap and good and only two bus stops or a 20 min walk from the University. Otherwise you can find hotels for all budgets in Salzburg.